Thursday, November 3, 2011

Green Berry Smoothie

So I'm trying to eat healthier and also lose weight....no brainer. So I've been doing yoga for flexibility/stress release and exercise (hey...I gotta work myself up!! ;) ). Anyways, I made this green (because it's healthy) berry smoothie that has only 160 calories and tons of fiber and nutrients. It's vegan, vegetarian, gluten free etc. Here's the recipe.

P.S. Here is the picture I was promising you....basically a dark maroon "berry" sort of color.




Green Berry Smothie

Yield: 48 oz.
Servings: 3-16 oz. cups

Ingredients:
6-8c fresh spinach, loosely packed
1-2c of water (depening on how thick you like your smoothie)
2-3c frozen mixed berries (whatever type you like)
2 bananas roughly sliced

Directions:

Loosely pack spinach into blender (NOT food processor) and add about 1 cup of the water and blend until smooth. Next add the frozen berries, 1 cup at a time with a little extra water (or else your motor on your food processor will burn out and your berries won't be chopped up, they need lubricant) and blend until smooth. Continue adding the rest of the berries using the same method going 1 cup at a time and adding more water as necessary. Finally at the sliced bananas and puree until the smoothie is to your liking.

What do I use this for?? I will be using for a meal replacement. I was thinking about adding ground flax seeds to it too. You can add virtually any fruit or veggie you'd like if you want to experiment. It really ups the fiber if you add a stalk or 2 of celery (although I haven't tasted that one yet). Hope you enjoy and be good to your body. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment